Monday, December 15, 2008

The Carnival of Cool Homeschoolers has moved to Weird, Unsocialized Homeschoolers.

I've been having a problem with my left eye. I have an inflammation of the vitreous that is not responding to medication. This has resulted in an eye that is extremely light sensitive and extremely painful. Added to this, what little vision I did have in that eye is almost entirely gone. As you can imagine, I have been restricting activities that require use of my eyes Blogging and reading blogs is one of those things.

I have no idea how long this inflammation is going to take to clear (after a week of heavy doses of steroids it had shown no improvement. I am now fasting and have doubled the steroids. This means I am now exhausted from lack of food and in pain from the steroid toxicity in my eye.)

All this conspired to me not being able to host the Carnival of Cool Homeschoolers.

Kris of Weird, Unsocialized Homeschoolers has kindly agreed to take over the carnival.

Read the first of her carnivals here.

She's done a sterling job showcasing some very interesting blogs.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you are well soon.

Snarky Mom Reads said...

Shez, I am SO SORRY that you are having problems with your eye. Sending up some vibes that it's better soon :( !!

Chasity Weeks said...

I hope you feel better soon! (((HUGS)))

ChristineMM said...

Oh my gosh what a terrible situation.

I hope you get better soon!!

Rest up!

Jennifer said...

I hope your eye is better soon Shez.

Laura said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your eye.

I hope you feel better soon.

Anonymous said...

Hi, Shez-

I hope your eyes clear up soon-- it sounds dreadful. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

I ended up being the one to host your carnival, at my "Taking Time for Things that Matter" blog (http://www.Janice-Campbell.com). I welcome submissions!

Happy Campers said...

I hope you feel better soon! Praying for your eye to respond to treatment...

Kim Anderson said...

Shez, I am amazed that you are thinking about how to cover the carnival, when you are having such problems. Many thanks!

Love & prayers,
Kim

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear that you've been having such trouble. I hope you are on the mend very soon. Sending good vibes your way!
Warmest regards,
Melissa