Monday, March 2, 2009

What are you doing for Pi Day?

Celebrate Pi Day!

Pi, Greek letter (), is the symbol for the ratio of the circumference of a circle to its diameter. Pi = 3.1415926535... Pi Day is celebrated by math enthusiasts around the world on March 14th.

Read about Pi Day here

We'll start off the day by rereading, Sir Cumference and the Dragon of Pi


Will have to think on some other things to do. Part of the day we'll be participating in an Egg Drop Competition at Nauticus. We missed the one at the Virginia Air and Space Museum this weekend so I am adamant we won't miss the one at Nauticus. I've been planning my contraption for an entire year and can't wait to let it drop.

5 comments:

Me said...

Thanks, Shez, for the reminder. I'm sure Jake will be interested in a Pi related activity or two.

Momma said...

I had no idea that there was a Pi day - Thanks Shez! And we might even give the egg drop a go since the one at VAS looked like so much fun.

Laura said...

We're going to make a pie on pi day! We missed square root day, 3-3-09 and the next one will be 4-4-16...

My kids love the Sir Cumference books--very fun with Lady Di of Ameter LOL.

~Mary~ 4boys4me said...

That books looks so-o-o cute! I'll have to see if our library has it for Pi Day. Who knew? I guess no Pi Day would be complete with some pie?! Can't wait for March 14th! ;)

Sarahbeth said...

It's also Einstein's birthday, so it's a big day for geeks everywhere. ;)