Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The Miracle of Caffeine

Let me say at the outset that I am no caffeine fan. I think that it is bad for you, however, on days like today, I think it is nothing short of miraculous. Last night we spent half the night with Hershey at the emergency vets because of diarrhea and vomiting. When you weigh 2 lbs, that's scary. Then no sooner had I fallen into a deep sleep than Archie woke me up to go pee. That was the end of my restful sleep. What sleep I managed to get after that was filled with bad nightmares.

This morning I felt like the stuff Hershey was throwing up. I could barely put one foot in front of the other. Against my better judgement, I went and bought a shot of espresso, drank it and forgot all about it. A little while I ago I was trying to work out why I am all energetic and raring to go. Then it dawned upon me - I partook in that legal psychotropic drug, caffeine.

No comments: