Thursday, September 4, 2008

Unshelved

I was recently introduced to this great little cartoon strip about a librarian. This week the topic was homeschoolers. This cartoon was so funny because I often feel guilty about how much work I give the librarians. My record is a request for 75 holds (note to self, get Marc's library card number and pin so that I can have 100 holds).

I am always mildly surprised at how pleasant the librarians are to me because we give them a lot of extra work.

Our little branch of the Norfolk Public Library is like a second home to us. The branch manager's daughter homeschools her children. This means she's very pro homeschoolers and Ella, their security guard is a treat. The day before yesterday I was asking Sherry, the chief, where I could find the books on Colonial Williamsburg and Jamestown. By the time I walked over to the children's stacks, Ella had pulled all the books I would need. No one asked her, she just did it out of the goodness of her heart.

No comments: