Sunday, October 19, 2008

Ru-eeend!

Marc and I love watching "Family Guy". Last week we watched an episode that featured this clip.



The two of us were on the floor laughing. This typifies our marriage. We've been together almost 9 years and still we have these moments of sheer blankness followed by hilarity over how the other one pronounces something. Being the lone South African within an American family, I am the one who is usually the one who is laughed at. It doesn't bother me though because I take comfort in the fact that I'm the one with the hoity, toity accent who knows how to eat with a fork AND KNIFE at the same time (and how to eat peas from the back of the fork.) LOL

1 comment:

Unknown said...

ha ha ha! At least you have an excuse for the unique way you speak! I have known many people who have the same peculiarity of speech even though they were born and raised here! Say inch..."Inch"...say pinch..."Peeench"!