Thursday, March 20, 2008

Beading looms

I bought a children's beading loom on a sale a few weeks before I had my surgery. I figured that weaving beads would be a perfect activity for me to do with the children while I was not able to walk around.

Turns out that I was right. Shira has taken to bead weaving like a duck takes to water. Almost all her toy animals now sport beaded collars, her dolls sport beaded bracelets and anyone who makes her happy, earns a piece of woven jewelry from her.

Today she came to me and told me that it was time to develop her own patterns. Must say that her first attempt was pretty good. She wrote "I love you" in her bracelet. It's always so good when a plan comes together.

Ben has spent the last 2 hours bending my ears about what he desperately needs for his birthday. Shira OTOH doesn't seem to know what she wants other than HO gauge trains.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's awesome about the beading loom. As for the birthday wants, I can't get anything out of Austin other than chocolate cake and a candle! Oh, and Presents with THINGS in them. I guess I should count my blessings that he's completely clueless about 'things'. :)