Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Carnival of Homeschooling - Spring into Action

Kris in TN has just published the "Spring into action" edition of the Carnival of Homeschooling.

She's categorized submissions by Language Arts, Math, History, Geography, Fine Arts, Thoughts for the homeschooled parent and last but not least, Homeschooling in California.

My Curmudgeon post made it into the Language Arts category.

One of my favorite entries for this carnival was from Sister Lisa at The Homespun Life. She talks about a great game to teach sentence structure.

An entry that fascinated me was made by Chris, a homeschooling dad in the mountains of Georgia . He came across predictions from 1900. It's a fascinating read. I found it more fascinating because I recently read an article on predictions for the next 50 years (of course, I can't remember where I found it so I can't link to it). It's always interesting to me to see how well, or not, the "experts" predictions pan out. I'll never forget that Bill Gates predicted that we'd never need high powered personal computers.

No comments: