Saturday, June 21, 2008

Ladybird Con!



I bought the kids a World Alive Ladybird Kit.

There was much excitement in our household because the back of the box promised, in detailed colored pictures, that we could order our ladybird larvae online, then watch them grow, pupate and emerge as beautiful ladybirds.

The problem arose when we opened the box and discovered a "Ladybug Kit Help Sheet for US Customers". Apparently in the US you can't buy the larvae, you can only purchase adult ladybugs.

I am so ticked off. This is false advertising. The kids were expecting to be able to watch the lifecycle of a ladybug, instead, they have a bug box and I have to pay an extra $7 for live ladybugs.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shez,

My son got the lady bug land April 2007 for his birthday. We got the larve and watched them grow into ladybugs. Here is the website you can get them from
http://insectlore.stores.yahoo.net/livladkit.html. It is called Insect Lore. The website says they aren't shipping until October because of CA's weather. It was great fun and educational. This year we did a tadpole.

Christy

Michelle (The Beartwinsmom) said...

I'd be ticked, too. Talk about false advertising.

BTW, I tagged you for a meme. I'd love to see what you come up for it.

http://beartwinsmom.wordpress.com/2008/06/23/how-do-you-describe-your-life-in-six-words/